You have spent months preparing your trade show displays for the upcoming event and know attendees will love your products or service. That may be true, but let s face it you need them more than they need you. Here are some of the rules to abide by if you want to turn your trade show booth visitor into a customer:
- They are Always Right - Time to put that pride and stubbornness away, even if you 100% disagree with what these prospects have to say. The most powerful words you can say are, You are right.
- Know When to Listen - It may be tough for you not to cut in while they are talking to promote your products more, but don t. Attendees don t want to feel like you only care about making the sale, but that you care about finding a solution to a problem.
- Make Eye Contact - As you are speaking with these interested buyers, keep your attention on them. If they catch you looking around when you should be listening to them, it could come off as you having more important people to talk to.
- Know How to Troubleshoot - At some point, you will probably have to talk to someone who had a bad experience with your product or company. Knowing how to solve these problems and apologize for their negative encounter can turn them from irate to happy customers. Remember your most important job is to find a solution for their problem. Bring the focus back to this important point.
- Follow up - After the trade show is over, give your leads a call or send a thank-you note to let them know you appreciated their time. Don t forget to include a business card so they know how to reach you if they have any further questions or are ready to do business.
Designing your trade show exhibits is half the battle when it comes to standing out at conventions. The other half that attendees will remember is the way they were treated by the booth staff. If you follow these 5 rules, you are on your way to expanding your business and building long-term relationships with your new clients.